104-pin Bus Reversing Adapter
The 104-pin Bus Reversing Adapter is a very useful tool when developing, testing and debugging certain CubeSat Kit-compatible modules. The Bus Reversing Adapter is typically used in a development environment, with e.g. the CubeSat Kit Development Board or Development Board 2.
The Bus Reversing Adapter allows a CubeSat Kit-compatible module to be installed upside-down while connected to the 104-pin CubeSat bus. Because of how CubeSat Kit-compatible modules stack on top of one anoter using the method of PC/104 interconnects, this is especially useful in two scenarios:
- For CubeSat Kit-compatible modules that have non-stackthrough connectors and lack male pins; these can only be the first / lowermost module in a stack of modules and cannot be plugged into a Dev Board or equivalent, and
- For debugging and measurement access to the underside of a CubeSat Kit-compatible module while it is connected to the 104-pin CubeSat bus.
The Bus Reversing Adapter is plugged into the 104-pin CubeSat bus connector like any other standard CubeSat Kit-compatible module with stackthrough connectors on the right side. The CubeSat Kit-compatible module under test (MUT) is flipped upside-down and plugged into the Bus Reversing Adapter using the 104-pin header on the left side of the Bus Reversing Adapter. All 104 pins are passed through from one 104-pin header to the other on the Bus Reversing Adapter.
A set of plastic 3D-printed brackets and fasteners (not shown) are included to secure the reversed module at the correct height relative to the Bus Reversing Adapter, and to secure the Bus Reversing Adapter to the module below it.
Development Hardware | Not for Space Use
- 104-pin Bus Reversing Adapter (as shown above)
- 3D-printed plastic support arms
- Miscellaneous M3 fasteners