- Products / Store
- Solar Arrays
- 135W Dual Articulated Deployable Solar Array
135W Dual Articulated Deployable Solar Array
Flight Hardware | Flight Qualified
The 135W Deployable Articulated Solar Array (DASA) is a compact, deployable 135W solar array with two single-motor SADAs driving independently steerable 67W triple-panel solar arrays. It is compatible with the Pumpkin SUPERNOVA 12U structure designed for tabbed dispensers, and can be adapted to other structures.
- Mass of array and SADAs: ~4360g (31W/kg)
- Bounding volume (12U): ~198812cm^3
- Bounding dimensions: 227.3cm x 36.5cm x 23.9cm
- CoG & MoI: Available on request
The two halves of the array are completely independent. Each half's three independent solar string's POS and RTN nodes are wired fully redundantly, pass through its SADA, and appear on MDM-style connectors inside the SADA body. The three strings per half are available in one of two configurations:
- 3x 7S3P (3x 17.5V@1.5A)
- 3x 21S1P (3x 52.5V@0.5A)
Each solar array also provides a temperature sensor embedded into each solar panel. The deployment mechanism is integrated into the SADA, and uses a high-reliability resettable pin puller with redundant control activation.
Each SADA unit is independently responsible for releasing and articulating its connected three-solar-panel array. A hard internal stop prevents overrotation without exceeding the motor's torque limit. Neither slip rings nor discrete wires are used for array wiring ... despite +/-200 degrees of allowable rotation, there is minimal stress on the array POS and RTN signal feeds through the SADA's rotating yoke.
Array release and articulation are controlled via a diverse command set that includes:
- Enable/Arm/Fire commands for the release mechanism
- Relative and absolute moves based on steps or angles
- Full- and quarter-stepping modes
- Hold and release modes
- Speeds from 0.15deg/day to 25deg/sec
- A range of motion of +/-200 degrees
- A homing command
- Full telemetry of current position, status and solar panel temperature
Each SADA is available with a JANS rad-hard H-bridge circuit designed by GSFC. Each SADA can be configured to permit "direct GPIO" control of the H-bridge in addition to commanded control via the SADA's SupMCU processor.
Please contact Pumpkin for pricing.
- Two single-motor SADAs with release mechanisms (customer specifies desired configuration A-D)
- Two three-panel deployable solar arrays, each in 3x 7S3P or 3x 21S1P string configurations
- Four small "goal post" constraints to be attached to structure opposite SADA locations
- Single flying-lead 25-pin harness per SADA
Does not include:
- 12U or other structure
DASA User Manual